Confirm that an email is processed
The events log records all system events that occur within the ServiceNow system. Every time an email arrives in the ServiceNow instance, an email.read event is created. At this point, the Schedule Job (sys_trigger) selects the email and processes it.
To verify that the system event is processed:
- Navigate to System Logs > Events.
- In the Go to field, select Name.
- In the text field, enter email.read and click Search.
- A list of all emails that have been processed in the instance appears. Use the Created field to search for and select the correct email.read action.
- If the email was successful, the State field displays Processed. Also, the Processing Duration field should not be empty.
If the State field is not set to Processed, confirm that the Scheduled Job is running.
ServiceNow video tutorials are a great way to help find solutions. These video tutorials guide you, step-by-step, to a solution and provide common troubleshooting methods. This tutorial covers common issues, their causes, and the required steps to resolve them.