Validating whether an inbound email action is performed
Inbound email actions enable an administrator to define the actions that ServiceNow takes when receiving email. The email may not display if the Scheduled Job (sys_trigger) picked up the email record and was unable to process the action.
To verify that emails are processed:
- Navigate to System Mailboxes > Received.
The Received module displays a list of all email messages that have been processed.
Note: Received emails may be cleared out every x number of days. For more information, refer to the article on Table Rotation.
- If an email is not being processed, click the Created link to view the email log files. For more information, refer to the article on Inbound Email Actions.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the Email Log entries.
If no processed record exists, the email action was not executed. The log entries provide detailed information on why an action might have failed.
- If assistance is needed, create an incident and include the following information:
- Failed email action
- Email type, such as New or Reply
- Relevant scripts
ServiceNow video tutorials are a great way to help find solutions. These video tutorials guide you, step-by-step, to a solution and provide common troubleshooting methods. This tutorial covers common issues, their causes, and the required steps to resolve them.