When you create two data lookup definitions and tables with the same source, the lookup will work for only one of the definitions but not for both.
Steps to Reproduce
Reproducible on a Calgary demo.
- Install the Data Lookup plugin (include demo data)
- Create new dl table called dl_u_impact.
For more information, see Create custom data lookups.
- Base Category and Impact fields off of the same fields in the incident.
- Create a record for the new table: Category = request, Impact = 1
- Create new Data Lookup Definition Records: Source table = incident, Matcher table = dl_u_impact
- Set all run on to true.
- Create Matcher definition: Source table = category, Matcher field = category
- Create Setter definition: Source = Impact, Matcher = Impact, Always replace = true
- Create a new incident. Change category to request.
This should change impact to 1 and the Assigned to to Fred Luddy (note the base system dl definition: Assignment Lookup).
This does not occur. Usually impact changes but Assigned to does not.
If you look at the xmlhttp.do request, you will see the return is not complete:
Correct return for Priority:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><xml sysparm_max="15" sysparm_processor="AJAXDataLookup"><item label="3 - Moderate" name="priority" value="3"/></xml>
Incorrect return for Category:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><xml sysparm_max="15" sysparm_processor="AJAXDataLookup"/>
The only workaround possible is to use a client script instead of the data lookup for one of the definitions.
Related Problem: PRB584334