When you have a CI with a very long name like, Service-now Production Sacramento [Service-now Production California], two issues arise:
* In the Available Relationships box, the relationship type is not visible (Depends on ... , Used by ..., or Hosts ..., etc.)
* The right slushbucket title bar grows larger than the box below it in the Relationship slushbucket on the bottom of the form
See the two attached screenshots for what it would looks like with a normal lenth CI name and a very long CI name.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a CI with a very long CI name.
For example, "Service-now Production Sacramento [Service-now Production California]."
- On the CI Formatter bar, click the Add Relationship plus sign.
- View the Define Relationships page.
As a workaround, try to make the list wider by modifying the two UI Macros named "ci_relationship_manage". Change the following line to make the width higher:
<SELECT id="available_select" size="10" style="width:300px">
To make it wider, change to width:600px.
Related Problem: PRB420628