Contract Management no longer appears in the application navigator after an upgrade
After an upgrade, the Contract Management no longer appears in the application navigator. When checking the Contract Management [com.snc.contract_management] plugin record, there is no entry of an upgrade.
Administrators can use the upgrade history module to locate and resolve upgrade conflicts and to revert customizations to out-of-box versions. Dispositions tracks the action taken on each record, such as whether the record is updated. The upgrade process automatically skips (disposition of Skipped) customized objects.
To revert a customized object to a system default version after an upgrade:
- Navigate to System Definition > Plugins.
- Verify the Managed Documents and Contract Management plugins are activated. For instructions on activating a plugin, refer to Activating ServiceNow Plugins in the ServiceNow product documentation.
Note: To use terms and conditions in Contract Management, you must activate the Managed Documents plugin.
- In the System Plugin form, click the Activate/Update link.
- In the dialog window, clear the Load demo data check box to run the upgrade without loading demo data.
- Click Upgrade.
- When the upgrade process is complete, navigate to System Diagnostics > Upgrade History. The upgrade history module tracks every upgrade made to an instance. For additional information, refer to Upgrade History in the ServiceNow product documentation.
- Search for the system upgrade records that have com.snc.contract_managment in the To column.
- If there are record with values in the Skipped field, right-click the Skipped column header and select Group By Skipped and view the records with skipped values greater than 0.
Note: When the Disposition is Skipped, an upgrade component was not applied because the user has customized the component.
- From the list of skipped records, open the record with a Type of Application Menu. This is the application entry that should have been installed, but was not.
- Open all the skipped records and revert them to the out-of-box version by clicking the Revert to Out of Box button on the Upgrade Details related list.
Note: ServiceNow upgrades are skipping records like that in order to preserve any customization that was made.
- After all the skipped records are reverted to the out-of-box version, run the activated/upgraded process again for both the Managed Documents and Contract Management plugins.