Customized translated text gets overwritten when the instance is upgraded
Customized translated text gets overwritten when the instance is upgraded.
When using translations, a transform map must be created to aid in importing translations from the Translated Name / Field [sys_translated] table as well as any other translated data. In the transform map, verify the Run business rules check box is selected to make sure business rules on the target table are run after inserts or updates are performed.
This issue takes place when the business rule is not run; there no update files are generated for the translation changes. Without update files, the system cannot determine if changes were made to the Translated Name / Field [sys_translated] table and therefore will overwrite the changes.
To resolve the issue, updates need to be protected to prevent data from being overwritten. To accomplish this, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to System Import Sets > Transform Maps.
- Search for and select the existing Sys Translated Translation Map.
- Click the Copy button to duplicate the content of the existing map into a new record.
- In the new record, select the Run business rules check box and Save.
- Navigate to System Import Sets > Load Data to import all translation changes. For additional information, on importing translations, refer to Importing Translations from Excel Spreadsheets.
- Navigate to System Import Sets > Run Transform to verify only the copy of the transform map is selected in the collection list and click the Transform button.
- If necessary, repeat the steps above for the [sys_translated_text] table and other tables, as needed.
This protects the updates and will not get overwritten by upgrades.