When a user has more than 10,000 records the "contains" search in a reference field switches to a "startswith" search.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create or modify a user's preference by giving the user more than 10,000 user preferences
2. Create a global user preference for autocomplete searches with "contains" - sys_user_group.autocomplete.contains (no specified user)
1. Login to the Instance as that user (or impersonate the user)
2. Navigate to any task record
3. Type in a search where we expect it to perform a contains search
Autocomplete would perform a contains search and return a list of matching results
It performs a starts with search does not return desired results
This can be worked around by one of the following:
- Create a new user preference to allow 'contains' (sys_user_group.autocomplete.contains=true) for the specific user
2. Precede the search in the reference field with an asterisk for example : '*network'
3. Create the 'glide.ui.ref_ac.startswith' on the Instance and set it to 'false'. This will force the 'contains' search globally on the Instance
This problem is currently under review. You can contact ServiceNow Technical Support or subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form to be notified when more information will become available.
Related Problem: PRB581188