The System UI > Images module allows users to upload new images to the ServiceNow instance. Only files that use valid formats can be uploaded. This module does not support the .ico format, however the .ico format is required by Internet Explorer (IE) for favorite icons,. Since ServiceNow does not support uploading images in the .ico format, bookmarks and tab icons cannot be uploaded to the instance preventing icons form being changed in an IE-compatible manner.
Administrators and users with the image_admin or content_admin role can upload and store images in the ServiceNow database. For more information and a list of valid file extensions, see Upload an Image.
Steps to Reproduce
- To upload an .ico file format using the System UI > Images module:
- Log into your instance.
- Attach the favicon.ico file to a public knowledge article created in the instance, to avoid specific users or roles visibility issues.
- In Google Chrome, right-click the link to the file and select Inspect Element.
Note: IE and Firefox have their own ways of inspecting the page.
- Search for and copy the link to the file. The file link looks similar to: sys_attachment.do?sys_id=0210645b781530004c043ac53cfe8b42
- Navigate to System Properties > System.
- In the Icon image displayed in bookmarks and browser address bar field, paste the file link and click Save.
- Refresh the System Properties page.
- Verify the new icon displays.
- An alternative method is:
- Create a icon file .ico
- Navigate to System Definition > Upload File
- Click Browse and browse to the icon file
- Click Upload
- Navigate to System Properties > System
- Locate the property titled 'Icon image displayed in bookmarks and browser address bar' and enter the name of the .ico file
- Click Save and refresh the browser to see the updated icon in the browser tab
Related Problem: PRB578009